Apr 3, 2011

Usrah

Salam. Hey every1, know what the word usrah means? It means FAMILY!

U know, when I was in MRSM Beseri, I followed an usrah, which was almost every friday, when our guys went for friday prayers. An ustazah would come, n we would listen to her (like a tazkirah, but only for us muslimahs).

But when I went to UniKL Miat 4 my foundation. I found out that the usrah over there was unlike the usrah in school. We started with tadabbur, n then our naqibah continues with a tazkirah maybe, or a sirah, etc. Yup, it's different alrite!

Now in St Petersburg, Russia, things became a bit difficult for us, as in there's not much 'majlis ilmu'. Our beloved seniors ensure our weekly tazkirah is on (we take turn giving the tazkirah). N of course! We hv our usrah, with our naqibah in moscow. This also goes on weekly. n it's online (via skype). However, our naqibah came to St pete twice, n she's gonna come here again on saturday!! InsyaAllah.

Hmm.. As usrah means family.. There's one thing going on in our usrah. One thing! It is the love we hv for each other. Our previous usrah was yesterday. N only a couple of minutes after that, our beloved naqibah, posted on facebook, that she missed us already. so, sweet eyh? I say, our naqibah always remembers us! (I believe so!) Always wondering how we are getting along. How caring she is! She posted videos for us in facebook as reminders for us, so tht our iman will always be fresh!! Well, she tries to! =)

In the usrah, we also got the chance to express our feelings, our problems, etc. So, in this foreign world, we have Allah, n Allah gave us this 'usrah', this kind of family, for us to share our experience, our opinions and share what we are going through. Alhamdulillah.

N then there's the mutabaah. She asks us pray together, read the al-mathurat, qiamulail, fast, etc. Not tht we can do all of those, but she encourages us. Alhamdulillah, we can feel the difference. U know what? sometimes, we need tht little push, for us to improve ourselves.

Last time, in school, for PMR, I did not study the sirah. Sorry to say, I skipped the sirah part since I was not interested n had problems memorizing them. I suppose tht's why I got bad results for my Islamic studies for PMR! I deserved tht! so, I missed out the sirah part in school.. Alhamdulillah, in our usrah, sometimes our naqibah tells us the sirah. N insyaAllah, this way, I can still learn sirah, though I missed out some of it in school.

As a student studying in St pete, I feel grateful, alhamdulillah, to have given the chance to fulfill my soul requirements, to get reminders, to improve myself, my iman, insyaAllah. How can I not be grateful? Let alone my frenz got to go to talaqi. Well, maybe I cant find talaqi over here, I guess it was their opportunity, not mine (well, maybe I will have the chance, insyaAllah. amiin.)

Living in Russia taught me a lot! Responsibility, politeness, independence, strength, friendship, etc. Alhamdulillah. How can I not be grateful? Some people, Allah gives them the chance to learn more abt His religion - Islam. Some, Allah gives the chance to learn more abt science, math, etc. Some, abt cooking, housekeeping, maybe... (I mean, The chance is much bigger, wider!) who knows?? Allah knows. N Allah knows what's best for us. N I say, I believe that where I am now, that's the best for me (now)! This is my chance! My chance to shine! Shine?? haha.. I mean, I hv to use this chance with all my might. Strive for Allah's blessings. YeaAh!! InsyaAllah. =)

"Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both deny?" Surah Ar Rahman

0 comments: