Jan 11, 2011

A traveler eyh??


Ibn `Umar relates that Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) placed his hand on his shoulder and said: “Be in the world as if you are a stranger or a wayfarer (musafir).”

Thereafter, Ibn `Umar used to say: “When the night comes, do not wait for the day, and when the day comes, do not wait for the night. Take from your health for your sickness, and take from your life for your death.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (7/170)]


I rmb this hadis. We learned it in school(SPM) if I'm not mistaken. but then, back in school I didnt quite undrstand what this hadis meant. musafir is a traveler right. so we're like travelers eyh?? then I asked, y?? I kept on reading the textbook. The answer tht was found wasnt clear......

Now tht I'm in Saint Petersburg, Russia, I kinda realised what it really means. But 1st let me tell u a bit abt my life here in russia. hmm... I'm not living in luxury. nope. not exactly. But I'm not starving to death either. what I can say is alhamdulillah. I hv enough, I'm living in comfort with friendly neighbours n I'm happy with tht. But wait. Look at the Russians!! Wow... Cool car!! nice house!! Beautiful outfit!! N they've got many frenz 2!!
If I'm in their position, yea.... Maybe I would like those things. But hey! I'm not gonna be here forever.. Y buy a car when I'm leaving off in a couple of years? U get what I mean??

So, now tht I know how a traveler is. I kinda get the idea. We're on planet Earth. N we're not here forever. Like I said "The end is near". Our final abode -> the hereafter. yup! So, rather than getting attached to everythg in this world, I should be gathering all kinds of supplies for my next journey.

And take a provision (with you) for the journey, but the best provision is At-Taqwa (piety, righteousness, etc.) (Surah Al Baqarah: ayat 197)

Not juz tht! Lets look it in a diff perspective. U know how I feel here in St Pete? I miss my family, my relatives, my frenz, my country, my home, etc. yea, of course! N we Muslims must believe tht we come from Allah n to Allah we will be brought back. Who should we be longing 4?? Allah. We're not those travelers who doesnt know where we would end up. No! It's stated in the quran. Back to the hereafter.

Every soul shall have a taste of death: in the end to Us shall ye be brought back. (Surah Al Ankabut: ayat 57)

I say we're lucky! VERY lucky. We can prepare ourselves well. We know what's ahead of us. Allah gave us the quran. A guidance indeed. Alhamdulillah.

Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny? (Surah Ar Rahman)

I discussed this matter with a gud fren of mine. She said, we've gotta grab this chance!! Grab some knowledge, do righteous deeds! We're not here for long. Yea, she's right.

Now there's another opinion. Read this.

“Islam began strange, and it will become strange again just like it was at the beginning, so blessed are the strangers.” [Sahîh Muslim (1/131)]

Being a foreigner, I'm kinda like a stranger to the Russians. иностранец (i-no-stra-ni-yets) = foreigner/alien. Alien?? yea.. we are in a way called aliens by the russians. haha.. y? coz we r the minority. U know when we 1st met sum1, we wanna give tht person a gud impression of ourselves? so, yea... as strangers tht's what we're doing. Trying 2 show them tht we're diff but we're not as strange n weird as they think. My point is.. as a traveler, in this world we gotta always be like tht. Not 2 show off.. but to maintain or respect towards others. Treat our frenz as if we had juz known them. say gud things, smile, etc.. (Reminder 2 myself!)

Wallahualam.

I guess tht's all 4 tonight. This is the end of this post. Last but not least. Dont know if any1 notices, my blog was edited. haha.. Many thanks 2 Mr Baim. Didt know tht he's a great editor! haha.. Thank you my dear fren. Salam.

0 comments: